Thursday, March 22, 2012

I have just made an important decision. I have decided to switch to the French Angora. The basis for my decision is time. Recently on the website of an experienced breeder, I saw that for full coat, the general rule of thumb she uses is a half half hour per day per rabbit. In a few years I will be going off to college, and my sister will have to take over for me. I don't have that kind of time, and neither does she.  Since I have almost no idea what to look for, I will start by getting a rabbit from a local breeder I know, whom I trust to steer me right. He can also give me an idea of what to look for when I go searching on my own.
     The other major decision I have made is to get a new rabbit shelter. Basically my rabbits are in a glorified tent right now. It is very dark and also gets very hot in the summer. After I sell my English, I will make sure I have something more decent set up before I get my French.

No comments:

Post a Comment